We have had a mild October here in the UK but as we move into November and the weather grows colder, we are all concerned about how to keep warm without using our central heating too much. With skyrocketing energy costs, it’s no wonder 1 in 4 adults in the UK will NOT switch on the heating this winter.
My husband has always been careful with our energy consumption, and we made necessary changes to our home when we moved in four years ago that would help keep costs down. Read on for my top tips on how to stay warm this winter without spending a fortune on energy.
How to Beat Rising Energy Costs this Winter
- Keep warm by wearing fleece jumpers, hoodie blankets, and plenty of layers of clothing.
- Only heat the space you are using. We have a log burning stove in our living room to keep us snug, but you can get a similar effect by using an electric stove heater, and you can move it to different rooms when you need to.
- Make sure the heat doesn’t escape underneath your doors. Use a draft excluder to keep those chilly blasts of air away.
- Keep your energy levels up and your nutrient intake healthy by drinking warm tea containing ginger and other healthy ingredients.
- Hang a curtain over your front door to keep the drafts out. It makes your space feel cozy, especially if your front door opens directly into your living room.
- I’ve heard a lot of good things about using an air fryer recently, especially from my friends that are actively reducing waste and saving money on energy costs. It could be worth a try if you enjoy cooking.
Your EXCLUSIVE Influencer Discount Offers
Kudd.ly: Stay WARM in UK’s #1 Ranked Oversized Hoodie! Best Deal: 4 for £139 – Use code: HBFALL – Shop now.
Plus, EXTRA 15% OFF with Voucher FRIDAY15 – Shop now.
The perfect gift of warmth & Kuddles! Best deal: 4 for £109! – Use code: WBFALL – Shop now.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up now to keep informed of new stories from SpookyMrsGreen.
*Article contains affiliate links