Ready to master a handstand? Yoga instructor at YogaRenew Online Teacher Training, Melanie Rodriguez, shared five tips to help you conquer your handstand by Summer! There’s also a fun mini video to walk you through every step.
Tip #1 – The Hands
- Spread your fingers wide and evenly
- When you press down those hands, you want to press down through your fingertips
- Press down through the knock ankles of your palm
- Press down through your forefinger and your thumb
Tip #2 – External Rotation
- When you place those hands down on the ground, externally rotate at your shoulders
- Spin your inner elbows forward
Tip #3 – Straighten Arms
- Straighten out those arms: Straighten them, straighten them, straighten them!!!
- Press the floor away
Tip #4 – Engage Legs + Feet
- Really flex and spread those toes
- Create really firm legs, like, engage those legs a lot
Tip #5 – Hips over Head
- When you’re going upside down, try to really think about getting those hips up towards the ceiling
- Lift your hips up
YogaRenew is the international leader in online yoga teacher training. As a pioneer & innovator in online training, YogaRenew’s mission is to make yoga education accessible and affordable to spread the teaching of yoga worldwide. YogaRenew’s yoga teacher trainers are world class leaders in their respective fields, and the courses go deeper than simple practice to better enable students as passionate business leaders. The YogaRenew community is made up of students around the world who are friendly, supportive, kind, and are all looking to make a positive impact on both their own lives and the lives of others.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up now to keep informed of new stories from SpookyMrsGreen.
*Article contains affiliate links