This weekend we celebrate the May Day Bank Holiday in UK, and here is my list of the top 5 fun family activities for Bank Holiday weekend:
- Go to LEGOLAND! They are running a Spring Sale right now where you can
book your staycation from just £52* per person on selected dates between 5th
May – 17th July 2022 and stay at one of our great value nearby partner hotels
where you can get exclusive benefits, such as Kids Eat Free or activity packs
on arrival. Click here to book your LEGOLAND holiday.
- Picnic in the park! If you need something closer to home or low cost, why not pack up a picnic, get the kids on their bikes or scooters, and head to the nearest park. Here in Cheshire, we are fortunate to have Queen’s Park in Crewe close by. It has lots of green areas to walk the dog, a café where we can get snacks, ice-creams, and hot drinks, and lots of play equipment for all age ranges for the children.
- Explore local heritage sites! Do you visit museums, castles and stately homes in your area? We have English Heritage membership and Beeston Castle is a short drive from home, so we often enjoy their Bank Holiday activities. We can take the dog, we can take a picnic, and we get fresh air and fabulous views while we explore the castle ruin and the caves in the grounds.
- Host a pool party in your garden! Do you have a paddling pool? Last year we bought a larger one that can fit a few people in, and we got lots of use out of it. Our friends came to play, we enjoyed parties and gatherings, and it was nice to be sociable after the stress of lockdowns during the pandemic. We are currently tidying our garden ready to set the pool up again for this summer and the upcoming Bank Holiday celebrations.
- Go to the beach! Sometimes we like to jump in the car and head out to the Wirral coast or North Wales where we can find beautiful beaches to explore. We like visiting Talacre Beach because it is dog-friendly, and New Brighton is a fun place to visit if you want some more amenities like amusement arcades, shops, and cafes. There is a lot to enjoy on the West Coast of the UK!
So, there we go, that is my top 5 for Bank Holiday fun. What will you be doing this Bank Holiday weekend? We haven’t decided yet, and it usually depends on the weather, but I think some time in the park will be needed, and maybe a ride out somewhere. Share your Bank Holiday plans in the comments.
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up now to keep informed of new stories from SpookyMrsGreen.
*Article contains affiliate links