- What is the working title of your book?
Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel) – Book 3
- Where did the idea for the book come from?
It came naturally after I wrote the first book, Love Hurts (A Redcliffe Novel) and the sequel Love Kills (A Redcliffe Novel).
- What genre does your work fall under?
It is paranormal romance, with a little dark fantasy and some horror elements.
- Which actors would you choose to play your characters?
Hmm, so far I am struggling to decide on the right ones. For my heroine Jessica Stone I need a British woman with a convincing Manchester accent, long auburn hair and green eyes. For the Mason brothers I need identical twins from Dublin with black hair and blue eyes… Any up and coming actors interested in the roles please?
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Emotion runs high in this fast-paced paranormal adventure, where secrets unfold and friends are not as they seem…
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It will most likely be published in partnership with Mirador, who produced my first two novels in the series.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of you manuscript?
About four or five months I think. Once I had written the first two, this one just couldn’t wait.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
It probably has elements of the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris, but I aspire to write like Laurell K Hamilton and her Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, but with less horrific violence and a British perspective.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I can’t really remember. My first novel, Love Hurts (A Redcliffe Novel), was cultivated in my mind for around ten years before I actually wrote it down. It first came about when I read the Nightworld series of novels by L. J. Smith and decided I wanted my own version of a vampire story with characters I could more easily relate to. Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel) is a natural progression from that, using experiences gained from my life during recent years.
10. What else about your book might pique the readers’ interest?
It is set in Cornwall and describes the rugged coastline and old smugglers’ caves. There is a best friend with a new baby, two women running a business, and some interesting moral issues explored.
So those are the answers for the next Catherine Green novel. Check back next week to read about Flossie Benton Rogers and her Wytchfae Runes novels…
Did you enjoy this article? Join my tribe to keep informed of new stories from SpookyMrsGreen, and I will send you a fabulous FREE book from my Redcliffe novels series.